Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 2 In Bora Bora

Well our first glitch out of the hole trip just happened after all of the fun food and spirits we had at Bloody Mary’s Mike came down with a bothersome stomach virus so we headed down to the ship store to get him some Pepto-Bismol and they did not have it so we though lets check the Medical office for it, WHAT A MISTAKE! We knocked on the door and asked her for the pepto and she said they did not have a pharmacy but proceeded to ask Mike what he was feeling and he said dysentery wow wow why did he go there, the doctor over heard him saying that and pulled us right into the room and asked Mike questions about his symptoms and that was it he was QUARANTINED !!!! What ?? I could not believe it, Mike does not think he has a virus he just felt like something he ate like the sashimi at Bloody Mary’s just did not agree with him. But the Doctor did not want to take a chance and asked him nicely to stay in the cabin for 24 hrs. Oh hell no no what!
So he got medicine and we took the ill one back to the room and the Dr sent an email to the excursion desk to give us a refund for his Ray and Snorkeling by Jet boat which we were looking forward to. Now if that would have been me I would have taking the meds and said thanks to the Doctor and assured him that I was staying in but as you know me I would not I would have still gone on my trip but leave to the good old Midwestern gentleman he does the right thing and stay in the room all day to make sure he does not contaminate anyone, though I know he is not contagious because I have no sign of it?
So what do I do what do I do, go on the excursion my self or hang out in the cabin all day?? This was big decision for me I would never go snorkeling by my self but I sucked it up and put on my big girl panties and went by my self with the group, plus Mike really wanted me to go and not miss out on the adventure.
Off I went into town with 8 others on a Jet boat and our first stop was to feed the stingrays, that was ok I see sting rays all the time and after sting ray city in the Cayman Islands I would say this was average and I could not believe that I was in the water all alone with out my Sherpa, he is so good to me and I just missed him on this adventure I just feel safe with he is around. But as I got more comfortable in the water and ventured around the boat what do I see but the biggest black tip shark I have ever viewed while I was in the water snorkeling. Believe it or not it did not scare me as he wondered around the ocean floor looks for a leg or 2 as a snack. So funny but coming from the Florida Keys I can just tell how much more we know about the Ocean and the things in it compared to others that have no clue. The black tip re approached and I tried to take a pic of him but he did not want anything to do with me I guess he does not like Cuban meat!
We headed around the entire island and made another stop at an area next to Matira where most of the fancy hotels with the over water bungalow are at for a snorkel at and area they call the aquarium and what an aquarium it was. As soon as we got in the water I felt like I jumped into a swimming pool and had hundreds of fish welcome me, they loved my belly piercing since it has a small gold ball they nibbled at me it was great! The snorkeling here was pristine tons of fish and life. So many bright colored clams that were teal, red, green, blue and lots of big beautiful sea urchins. I could not believe that I swam around on my own it was very liberating and After about 45 mins I head back to the boat even though I did not want to get out I saw a native guy in a pareo diving down and he called me over and asked me to dive down with him and he clicked his fingers underwater and out came the largest moray mama eel I have ever seen and he was petting her, crazy but I loved it. By the way the only reason I did not pet her was because I really love to do hair and want all my fingers and hands to be in tack when I get home.
So back to the ship and to check in on my quarantined husband that used a bright green life vest to hang of the side of the ship so that I can see the room we were in as I jetted of in the boat with out him, he called the green life vest his quarantine flag. Needless to say he is feeling better and he may break out of the room this evening for another jam session with the band.
To be continued and of to Taha’a tonight ship sets sail again, back to the motion in the ocean.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment